Checking & Savings Accounts
Arkansas Federal offers two types of checking accounts —from simple and rewarding to even more rewarding.
- $0 monthly fee
- Free debit card with no surcharge fees at over 30,000 ATMs
- Free online and mobile banking
- Free bill pay and remote deposit
- Security of funds, protection against fraud
- Earn 1 point for every $2 spent with signature2
- Privilege Pay3
- Free online statements4
- Overdraft protection5
- Free text alerts & fraud protection
- Privilege Pay3 is one of the perks of an Arkansas Federal checking count. When you sign up for Privilege Pay, we cover payments that otherwise would not have been paid, saving you time, money and embarrassment.
Rewards Plus Checking6
- Enjoy all of the benefits of the Rewards Checking account with the bonus of a dividend. You can earn up to 1.00% APY on balances $0 – $24,999. View current rates
CURewards® points are points earned on your Visa® ATM/Debit or Credit card that can be redeemed for travel or merchandise. When you sign for a purchase on your Debit Card, you will earn 1 point for every $2 spent on signature-based transaction. You can visit CUrewards.com to check your point balance, browse the CURewards Mall, or redeem points for merchandise, travel, or gift cards.
Opening an AFCU checking account couldn’t be easier, so do it today!
If you are already a member with us, and you would like to add a checking account to your current membership you can do so by using our online application.
1APY = Annual Percentage Yield. 2Earn 1 point for every $2 spent through your AFCU debit card 3Privilege Pay fees apply. 4$2 fee may be assessed for paper statements. 5Overdraft protection automatically transferred in $1 increments from other established AFCU account. 6A monthly fee of $12.50 applies if daily balance drops below $2,500. The monthly transaction requirement consists of completing 10 checking account transactions, defined as: ACH, direct deposit, bill pay, debit card (used as debit or credit), and checks. Fees could reduce earnings.
Your gateway to credit union membership is a Share Savings Account. With that account you'll have access to a wide variety of consumer-friendly savings, checking and investment accounts designed to maximize your credit union membership.
With an opening deposit of as little as $5, your Share Savings account makes you a member, and reflects your "owner's share" of the credit union. Once you become a member, members of your family are eligible to open an account too.
Member Freedom Money Fund
This tiered savings account offers you the ability to grow your dividend as your balance increases with unlimited deposit and withdrawal options. There is no minimum balance requirement7 and it comes with free online banking.
7Member Freedom Money Fund must maintain at least $1,000 in the account each day to earn dividends.
Health Savings Account (HSA)
An easy way to earn 1.00% APY!
Does your healthcare plan qualify for a Health Savings Account (HSA)? HSAs are individual accounts that allow you to use pre-tax dollars to pay for future medical expenses and are designed specifically for individuals who have chosen a high-deductible health plan (HDHP). You can deduct your contributions, and the account earnings will accumulate on a tax-deferred basis. Distributions from your HSA are tax-free as long as they are used for a qualified medical expense as defined in IRS Publication 502.
An HSA account can be established by anyone who meets the following criteria:
- Currently has a qualified High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)
- Has no other first-dollar medical coverage
- Is not enrolled in Medicare
- Cannot be claimed as a dependent on someone else’s tax return
- Could not have received Veteran’s Affairs medical benefits within the past 3 months
- Does not have a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Not a member? No problem. All Arkansans are eligible to join AFCU and start taking advantage of our friendly, local staff, low rates, and neighborhood branches.