Routing Number: 282075028
4th Quarter 2018 Banner Newsletter
October 4, 2018 | newsletter
Online Banking Upgrade - Tuesday, October 2
We're upgrading your online and mobile banking experience.
Coming up on Tuesday, October 2nd from 6 AM to 11 AM (Central), we'll be upgrading our online and mobile banking apps. Both online and mobile banking will be unavailable during this time in order to bring you an upgraded banking experience.
Here is what you can expect with the new upgrade:
- Reorganized menu options for easier navigation
- Easily group, organize and personalize your accounts
- More export and print transaction capabilities
Call 800-456-3000, come in, or visit afcu.org/improve to learn more.
Checking is More Rewarding with Your Credit Union
Not getting enough from your current checking account? At Arkansas Federal, you earn up to 2.30% APY1 on balances up to $24,999.99.
- 24/7 Access so you can Check Balances, Transfer Funds, Pay Bills
- Online via Desktop, Tablet and Mobile Apps for Android and iPhone
- Free Mobile Deposit right from your phone
Plus you earn reward points toward travel, electronics and much more just for using your account.
Start earning today. Call, come in, or visit afcu.org/reward for details.
1. APY = Annual Percentage Yield. Rewards Plus Checking is a tiered variable rate product. To qualify for the 2.30% APY Rewards Plus checking account, members are required to complete 10 monthly transactions of at least $1.00 each, defined as: ACH, direct deposit, bill pay, debit card (used as debit or credit), and checks. Members who currently have a Rewards Plus checking account that is inactive can qualify for the offer by meeting the same criteria. 2.30% APY currently applies to balances of $0 - $24,999.99. Balances $25,000.00 and more earn 0.25% APY. Fees could reduce earnings. Earn 1 point for every $2.00 spent through your Arkansas Federal debit card. A monthly fee of $12.50 applies if daily balance drops below $2,500.00. Offer and rates subject to change. Certain exclusions may apply.
Treasury Management Fit For Your Business Needs
Arkansas Federal provides treasury solutions for businesses of all sizes. We will advise you on the most efficient and effective ways to manage your day-to-day cash flow and provide the tools you need to meet your financial performance goals.
Let our treasury management team assist you with your wire transfer needs, payroll solutions, accounts payable, mobile deposits and more. Request an appointment today by calling 501-457-0250 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Save More with a Personal Signature Loan
With the holidays just around the corner, a Personal Signature Loan from Arkansas Federal can help you enjoy them like never before.
With rates as low as 7.75% APR1 for 24 months, or 7.99% APR1 for 36 months, a Personal Signature Loan is ideal for holiday purchases, destination travel, or whatever your needs may be. It's your money to spend as you wish.
With our Personal Signature Loan, there's no worrying that you didn't budget enough this month for your payment. Your payment and due date remain the same over the life of the loan, helping keep you on the right track.
1. APR = annual percentage rate. Some restrictions apply. Normal credit criteria apply for rate. Offer subject to change without notice.
Get the Most from your Membership
11-Month Certificate with active checking. A smart investment. What membership is all about.
Start earning today. Call, come in, or visit afcu.org/wow for details.
1. APY = Annual Percentage Yield. All certificates are federally insured by NCUA. 11-Month Share Certificate: To qualify for 2.30% APY, you must have an active checking account. Active checking account is defined as having a direct deposit of $500.00 or greater to the checking account, or 10+ transactions per month in the checking. Refer to the rate schedule for full details. Offer and rates are subject to change without notice. Early withdrawal will result in decreased APY. Fees may reduce earnings. Early withdrawal penalties may apply. $1,000.00 minimum deposit to open a share certificate account.
$2 Off Arkansas State Fair Admission
Arkansas Federal members enjoy $2 off gate admission to the Arkansas State Fair on Friday, October 12. Just show your Arkansas Federal debit or credit card. The offer is valid for up to four family members.
Also on October 12th, you can purchase an armband at a midway ticket booth for $30 and get unlimited rides this day.
Arkansas Federal Named 2018 'Best Places to Work'
Arkansas Federal Credit Union has been named one of the best places to work in Arkansas by Arkansas Business, and one of the best credit unions to work for in the country by the Credit Union Journal.
Visit afcu.org/news to learn more.
A friendly reminder that all Arkansas Federal branches will be closed:
- Columbus Day - Monday, October 8
- Veteran's Day - Monday, November 12
- Thanksgiving Day - Thursday, November 22
- Christmas Eve - Monday, December 24
- Christmas Day - Tuesday, December 25
Arkansas Federal Prepares for 13th Annual Golf Tournament
Each year, Arkansas Federal hosts a golf tournament and this year is no exception. Our tournament will be held at Chenal Country Club on Monday, October 22. This will be our 13th year to host this charity golf tournament to help raise money for Arkansas Children's Hospital. Members are welcome to form a team and sign up to play. We are also seeking sponsors. To learn more or sign up, visit here.
Arkansas Federal CFO Named Finalist in Arkansas Business 2018 CFO of the Year
Arkansas Federal's Chief Financial Officer, Eric Mangham, was recently named as a finalist in Arkansas Business 2018 CFO of the Year. This is the 9th annual awards program created by Arkansas Business to honor outstanding CFOs around the state of Arkansas. Nomination forms were submitted to an independent panel of judges, that met in July, to determine finalists and winners.
The list is made up of 16 finalists and two Lifetime Achievement Award winners. Eric has been named one of this year's CFO of the Year finalists in the Small and Large Bank CFO category.
To be considered for the program, nominees had to:
- Be nominated in at least one category for the CFO of the Year awards program.
- Companies must be at least three years old.
- The company must be headquartered in Arkansas.
The finalists and winners of each category will be revealed at a special event on November 7, 2018.
Protect Yourself Against the Felony Lane Gang
Throughout the past few months, Arkansas residents have increasingly become victims of the Felony Lane Gang, an organized group of thieves who travel across the country conducting smash-and-grab car burglaries. In a typical scenario, the thieves wait in public parking areas frequented by women who might leave their purses and identification in the car. Places like parks, gyms, daycare centers, and churches are popular targets.
The thieves wait until their victim is out of sight, then approach the vehicle and quickly take any purse, checkbook, or identification that they can. They then approach women who look similar to their victims, supply them with a rental car with stolen license plates, and pay them to drive to financial institutions to cash the stolen checks. After a short time targeting a particular area, the thieves move on to a different part of the country to repeat the process.
At Arkansas Federal we have processes in place to protect our members, but we need your help! When you get out of your vehicle, take your purse or wallet with you. You can also reduce your risk by performing a periodic check of your purse or wallet; removing cards and identification that you may not need to carry and keeping them in a safe place at home. If you do become a victim, minimizing the items that you carry on you will help reduce the headache of replacing all of the cards and/or identifications that were stolen.
Lastly, if you do become a victim, and your checkbook, identification, or debit/credit cards are stolen, please file a police report and notify us immediately. By contacting your credit union immediately after the theft, this allows us to take increased caution with transactions made through your account. An additional security feature you may consider adding to you account is a password. When you add a password on your account, you will be asked to provide it every time you conduct business with us through our contact center or any of our 14 branch locations.
Board of Director Nominations
The Nominating Committee is seeking members interested in serving as a volunteer on the credit union's Board of Directors. Two positions will be open for the 2019 Board of Directors Election. If you feel that your educational background and occupational experience would be an asset to the Board of Directors, you can obtain a Volunteer Application Form from the Arkansas Federal Credit Union Contact Center at 501-982-1000 or 800-456-3000, or see the manager at any Arkansas Federal Credit Union branch.
Volunteer applications received by Friday, November 9, 2018 will be considered by the Nomination Committee for the 2019 election.
Board of Directors
Phillip B. Boudreaux, Chairman of the Board
Garold L. White, Vice Chairman
Art Williams, Secretary
Jerry E. Spratt, CPA, CFE, CGFM, CFSA, Treasurer
William G. Shrigley, Director
Jon Moore, Chairman
Don Greene, Secretary
Vanessa R. Vance Hatcher, Member
Garold L. White, Member