Routing Number: 282075028
2nd Quarter 2019 Banner Newsletter
April 1, 2019
Finding the right home starts with the perfect home loan. At Arkansas Federal, we offer home loan options to meet the needs of every prospective homeowner. Whether you're a first-time buyer, upgrading, downsizing, or refinancing - we're ready to help you do it.
Have confidence that we’ll close your home loan on time. If we don’t make your closing date, we’ll credit you $500 at the time of closing.1 Let an Arkansas Federal mortgage professional help you get into that new home an average of 12 days faster.1
1. Offer subject to change. Some restrictions apply. Loans involving Rural Development or FHA are not eligible. The purchase agreement must identify a specific closing date not to occur sooner than thirty (30) calendar days after the date that the complete application and purchase agreement is received by Arkansas Federal Credit Union. Credit cannot be used to reduce principal or down payment. The following issues would invalidate this guarantee: Title, appraisal, or repair issues that arise. Delays due to buyer/seller negotiations after the contract. Delays due to newly constructed home. Changes made to financing, i.e. loan type or loan amount within 7 days of closing date. Required funds for closing must be received five business days prior to the closing date. Subject to credit approval.
Looking to pay down some debt, invest in a remodel or pay for those college expenses? Arkansas Federal give you the tools you need to get the job done with a home equity line of credit.
1. APR = Annual Percent Rate. Subject to credit approval. Offer subject to change. Restrictions may apply. Home Equity Line of Credit has a variable rate based on Prime, as published in the Wall Street Journal, and subject to change during the term of the loan. The minimum monthly payment may change as a result of this rate change. Contact the credit union for more details. Introductory Rate: Introductory rate available for six months after the loan is funded. At the beginning of the seventh month, your regular rate will go into effect. As of March 26, 2019, the prime rate was 5.50%. Other terms, rates, and restrictions may apply. APR will not exceed 18% with a minimum rate of 4.00%. Existing Arkansas Federal home equity lines are not eligible for this promotion.
We're expanding! Arkansas Federal Credit Union has opened a new Midtown Little Rock branch, at 4520 West Markham Street - across from the campus of the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences.
The Midtown branch kickstarts a broader commitment by your credit union to open new branches and renovate existing ones. Later this year, we will open our first Maumelle branch; move the current Hot Springs office into a new, free-standing location; and renovate branches in downtown Little Rock, North Little Rock, Ft. Smith, and Bryant.
Arkansas Federal President and CEO Rodney Showmar said the new branches represent a continued investment in the communities served by the credit union, whose purpose is to be the difference for members.
“This growth will allow us to better serve existing members and expose more Arkansans to our value-focused products and services,” Showmar said. “With more than 60 years serving Arkansans and 100,000-plus members, we are growing as more and more people recognize the value and service we provide is far greater than what they receive through other financial providers. Our continued growth will allow us to serve more members more conveniently, as well as bring new jobs to help strengthen the local economies.”
Stop by and visit with the staff at the Midtown branch today.
The Board of Directors of Arkansas Federal Credit Union is seeking a qualified member to become part of the Supervisory Committee. This committee is responsible for providing oversight with respect to the adequacy of Arkansas Federal's processes for managing risk, the integrity of financial reporting and compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
Not getting enough from your current checking account? At Arkansas Federal, you earn up to 2.30% APY1 on balances up to $24,999.99.
- 24/7 Access so you can Check Balances, Transfer Funds, Pay Bills
- Online via Desktop, Tablet and Mobile Apps for Android and iPhone
- Free Mobile Deposit right from your phone
Plus you earn reward points toward travel, electronics and much more just for using your account.
Start earning today. Call, come in, or visit afcu.org/boost for details.
1. APY = Annual Percentage Yield. Rewards Plus Checking is a tiered variable rate product. To qualify for the 2.30% APY Rewards Plus checking account, members are required to complete 10 monthly transactions of at least $1.00 each, defined as: ACH, direct deposit, bill pay, debit card (used as debit or credit), and checks. Members who currently have a Rewards Plus checking account that is inactive can qualify for the offer by meeting the same criteria. 2.30% APY currently applies to balances of $0 - $24,999.99. Balances $25,000.00 and more earn 0.25% APY. Fees could reduce earnings. Earn 1 point for every $2.00 spent through your Arkansas Federal debit card. A monthly fee of $12.50 applies if daily balance drops below $2,500.00. Offer and rates subject to change. Certain exclusions may apply. Federally Insured by NCUA. Rates as of March 26,2019.
Simplify Your Life with eStatements and eNotices
Let your credit union help you simplify your life with eStatements and eNotices. This free and convenient service will allow you to get all the information you need, for any of your accounts here at Arkansas Federal.
- Quicker Access - Your statement and notices are available faster than traditional mail.
- More Secure - Reduce the risk of identity theft by delivering your eStatement/eNotice securely to Online Banking.
- Reduce Storage - No need to keep files for all your statements and notices for the different accounts you have with us. We store them on our site for up to two years.
- Save Resources - Obviously, less paper used is good for the environment. But the cost of processing and mailing statements and notices to every member is significant. Eliminating part of this process will help serve the membership, allowing more dollars to be returned in better savings and loan rates, fewer fees and greater accessibility.
To sign up for eStatements and eNotices, simply log in to Online Banking and click on the Statements tab to sign up.
Prepare for the Switch from Visa to Mastercard
We are always looking for ways to add value and benefits for our members. For this reason, we will be switching from Visa® to Mastercard®.
Mastercard debit and credit cards have enhanced benefits that we are excited to offer to our members. Upon careful analysis of our debit and credit card programs, MasterCard proved to be a more innovative service provider for the credit union. Mastercard cards will work just like the Visa cards do and in the same locations. For additional information on our switch to Mastercard visit afcu.org/mastercard.
Along with our switch to Mastercard, we will be launching a new alerts tool for our debit and credit cards, visit afcu.org/alerts for additional details.
Arkansas Federal employees embody the credit union's purpose of being the difference for our members and the communities in which we live and serve. During the first quarter of 2019, Arkansas Federal employees presented checks to local charities totaling almost $31,000 from their employee-giving campaign.
Aspiring homeowners Alyssa and Forrest Hickey of Little Rock knew where they would begin their mortgage quest. When they decided the time was right, their first and only stop was Arkansas Federal Credit Union.
A friendly reminder that all Arkansas Federal branches will be closed for Memorial Day, Monday, May 27, 2019.
Board Members Elected
Arkansas Federal Credit Union's 63rd Annual Membership Meeting was held on Thursday, March 28, 2019.
Two members were elected by acclamation to serve a three-year term on the credit union's Board of Directors. Those members are Jerry E. Spratt and Garold L. White.
Board of Directors
Phillip B. Boudreaux, Chairman of the Board
Garold L. White, Vice Chairman
Art Williams, Secretary
Jerry E. Spratt, CPA, CFE, CGFM, CFSA, Treasurer
William G. Shrigley, Director
Jon Moore, Chairman
Don Greene, Secretary
Vanessa R. Vance Hatcher, Member
Garold L. White, Member