Routing Number: 282075028
Finding the right home starts with the perfect home loan.1 At Arkansas Federal, we offer home loan options to meet the needs of every prospective homeowner. Whether you're a first-time buyer, upgrading, downsizing or refinancing - we're ready to help you do it.
- Conventional Fixed and Variable-Rate Home Loans
- First-time home buyers could get up to 100% financing on variable-rate home loans!2 Not just 80% like many loans. It's a great way to get into that new home faster and with less money up front.
- VA and FHA Home Loans3
- The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) offer loans that may make it easier for first-time home buyers to enjoy fixed-rate home loans such as more flexible qualifications and lower down payments than conventional loans. Up to 100% financing, $0 down, for qualified VA loan participants.
- Rural Development Loans
- Jumbo Home Loans
For more information, visit our mortgage resources and calculators.
1. Some restrictions apply. Rates subject to credit approval. Offer and rates subject to change. Certain exclusions may apply.
2. 100% financing for first-time buyers only. First-time home buyers defined as not owning a home in the previous three years.
3. Ask for details about eligibility, documentation and other requirements for VA and FHA loans. Membership with Arkansas Federal Credit Union is required for all offers.
30 Year Adjustable Rate Mortgage
Lock in Today’s Rate. Save tomorrow.
An adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) is a great option for taking advantage of today’s low rates to get you in the home you want. It works like a typical 30-year mortgage that resets once at either the 5-year mark or 10-year-mark, so you can save now and plan for later.
- 10/30 ARM – Rate adjusts every 10 years
- Lower initial monthly payments
- Predictable payments
- Low to no down payment
- 60-day rate locks available
And Arkansas Federal services this loan in-house for the duration of the loan, giving you peace of mind that you will always receive the same friendly service you have come to expect from us.
NOTE: A 1% origination fee applies to this loan. *The application of additional loan level pricing adjustments will be determined by various loan attributes to include but not limited to the loan-to-value (LTV) ratio, credit score, transaction type, property type, product type, occupancy, and subordinate financing. Available on purchases and refinances. The initial rate is fixed for 15 years (180 months). When the rate adjusts, your new rate will be the then current index (weekly average yield on US Treasury securities adjusted to a constant maturity of 10 years) plus a margin. The new rate cannot exceed five percent (5.000%) above the initial rate. A minimum loan amount of $40,000 is required for this program. 80% LTV and above are subject to private mortgage insurance (PMI). The maximum LTV and CLTV for condominiums is 80%. Loans with a loan-to-value (LTV) exceeding 97% have additional loan program requirements. The applicant is responsible for the following fees and costs at the time of closing. Origination fee, appraisal fee, tax service fee, title fees, transfer tax fees, credit report fee, flood cert fee, recording fee, survey if required and work verification fee, escrow reserves and interest due until first payment, other cost may be included due to program specific circumstances. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list. Additional reserve requirements may apply. All above disclosures apply to non-Veteran’s Administration (VA) loans. VA loans have different guidelines and eligibility requirements. All rates and offers are in effect as of April 2017 and offered for a limited time and subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply. Contact Arkansas Federal for any applicable additional restrictions and details about your loan. To receive any advertised product, you must become a member of Arkansas Federal Credit Union.
Home Loan Options
Fixed-Rate Mortgage Types
These are the simplest types of loan. You can choose from 15-year, 20-year or 30-year fixed-rate mortgages. The equal monthly payments of principal and interest over a specified period of time will completely pay off an amortized loan. Interest on amortized loans is paid in arrears. Borrowers can shorten the loan periods by paying more principal with each payment.
This type of mortgage has an introductory interest rate that lasts a set period of time and is able to adjust at a pre-determined number of years to reflect market conditions. The initial interest rates for adjustable rate mortgages are normally lower than fixed-rate mortgages, which would give you a lower monthly payment.
FHA mortgages are insured by the government through mortgage insurance that is funded into the loan. First-time homebuyers are ideal candidates for this loan type because of the lower down payment requirements.
This is a government loan available to veterans who have served in the U.S. Armed Services. The main benefit to this loan type is that it does not require a down payment. The loan is guaranteed by the Department of Veteran Affairs, but funded by the lender.
Rural Development Loans
This is a private loan backed by the US Dept. of Agriculture and targets home loans for rural communities. It allows buyers to purchase a home without having to pay a down payment with the option of financing in closing costs.
These are for mortgage loans greater than $510,400. We offer a variety of jumbo loans to meet your needs.
Refinancing a Home?
Refinancing your home is a great option if you can lower your interest rate or if the value of your home has increased. Refinancing can be a helpful tool for home improvement, debt consolidation, or simply lowering your monthly payment. Reasons to refinance:
- Lower interest rate and payment
- Switch from an adjustable rate loan to a fixed rate loan
- Change from one adjustable rate loan to another to lower your monthly payment
- Reduce your interest rate and your monthly payment
- Build equity faster by shortening the term of your loan