Accidents happen, but what happens if your car is totaled and you owe more on your loan than the car’s depreciated value? You may not realize it, but often a standard full-coverage insurance policy isn’t always enough to cover the cost of replacing a damaged vehicle. That’s where GAP (Guaranteed Asset Protection) Advantage can help1.
GAP Advantage provides you with $1,000 towards the financing of a replacement vehicle. To receive the $1,000, there must be a total loss and a new loan must be made for the replacement vehicle within 90 days from the borrower’s primary insurance carrier settlement date or the date of loss if there was no primary insurance.
For example, if you owe $30,000 on your loan and your car is only worth $25,000, your GAP coverage covers the $5,000 gap (minus your deductible).
- Adding GAP insurance can provide peace of mind if your car gets totaled.
- Having GAP insurance can save you a lot of money if your car gets totaled.
- GAP Advantage is available for your car, truck, van, SUV, boat, motorcycle, ATV, RV, and more!
- GAP Advantage is especially helpful with cars that rapidly depreciate.
- If you have to use your GAP Advantage coverage and finance your replacement vehicle with Arkansas Federal, your GAP insurance will pay $1,000 towards purchasing your new vehicle.
- Your insurance deductible will also be covered up to $1,000 if you have to use your GAP Advantage.