Stay Safe While Shopping for Holiday Gifts Online
It’s the most wonderful time of the year.
Unfortunately, it’s also the time when cybercriminals are busy trying to scam holiday shoppers.
Here are a few tips for staying safe while shopping online:
- Make sure the website domain is spelled correctly and contains “https.”
- If you receive an email you’re unsure about that prompts you to log in to a website that you use, log in through your browser instead of clicking the link in the email. This ensures you’re logging into the real website.
- Never click on links or open attachments in an email that you weren’t expecting.
- Only shop online when you’re on a secure wi-fi network.
- Don’t assume because a company is advertising on Facebook that they are legitimate! Many scammers create fake pages and sponsor their posts to appear credible.
And when it comes to big sales online, remember the phrase “If it seems to be too good to be true, it probably is.”
Happy Holidays and stay safe!